Final Destination III
So in the past I’ve touched upon deja vus and foreseeing the future in my dreams and such, but every once in awhile I get one that totally takes the cake.
I’m driving home, top-down and northbound on 75, and I start to think about my buddy Lawnmower Brian’s enormous dog Shadow. He’s a mixed breed - probably a retriever and wolfhound or something, because he almost looks like a retriever, but he’s tall and has a wolfhoundy tail.
When he’s in my car he stands with his back feet in the back seat, his front feet on the middle glovebox - whatever you call it - and he sticks his head up over the windshield like he’s King of the World. It’s pretty amusing.
Enough backstory, and please bear with me on the graphic nature of the following…
In a matter of about 3 seconds, for absolutely no reason, I visualize (like it’s on tv but i’m in the scene) the dog and his head up over the windshield…then I visualize something flying up and cutting the dog’s head off, so now I’ve got 1/2 a dog in my Mustang kicking and bleeding all over the place… Looking for a licensed discount pharmacy in Canada?
Then (back in reality-land) the lady driving in front of me loses her hood and it flies directly over my head…not one foot above me is hood…the doggie, or anything else sticking up above the windshield, would have been a goner.
I so totally love the “psychic”…if only I could figure out how to use it for good…
Useless Clutter in My Brain…
1. Where on Earth is Michael Jordan? Seems like I haven’t seen even a reference to him in quite some time.
2. It’s nice to see Nomar Garciaparra back and doing well, even if it’s with the RedSox West (Dodgers). I was a little pissed about what a bitch he was in his last years with the Sox, but I’m over it.
3. I’m now all about Jonathan Papelbon, the Sox’ new (and youthful) closer. Now all we need to see is if he’s going to be the next Goose Gossage, or the next Brad Lidge. Josh Beckett too - you can actually hear that dude’s fastball.
4. Gas prices, schmas prices…hey Schumer, tell the peeps exactly how much of the profit margin you and your cronies get out of that dollar that Exxon only gets a few cents from.
5. Every day it gets tougher to listen to the Republican Socialist we elected to another term in 2004. I’ll never say that Kerry would have been better, but damn if W isn’t making it tough for me.
6. 11 million of anything starts with 1.
7. For once, I couldn’t care less about the NFL draft. It’s probably because not one player from K-State is going to be drafted, but Matt Leinart and Vince Young just don’t do it for me. Reggie Bush either - he’s just a running back there Mel Kiper - unless he’s sporting a 3.3 40-time, he’s no better than the rest of ‘em who take handoffs for millions of dollars.
8. Holy crap it’s actually cold in Dallas today. I’m waxing my skis when I get home.
9. It’s time to bust up the auto-worker and airline unions - it was a nice idea back when JP Morgan was running rampant, but he’s dead now and those unions are killing businesses.
10. Help save Andrea Clark!!!
11. I kinda like the new Dr. Who. It’s campy fer sure, but it’s a welcome distraction while the bastards at Sci-Fi make me wait another 3 months until Battlestar Galactica returns.
12. The Jose Mesa/Omar Vizquel battle is fun. Jose’s pissed because Omar put in a book that Jose choked the ‘97 World Series away against the Marlins (he did) so now every time Jose faces Omar he plunks him. That’s what baseball is all about - there’s not enough “plunking on principle” anymore. Bob Gibson is smiling.